Since its inception in late 2008, the Reflections Of Grace Foundation has raised funds vigorously and with great passion in its quest to fulfill the mission upon which it was founded. Starting in mid-2009, the process of distributing those funds to the families of children battling brain cancer and to like-minded nonprofit organizations in the name of research began in earnest.
- $2,000 in mid-June 2009 to the family of Andrew Smith, an 8-year old boy in DeWitt, Michigan battling DIPG. On Decembr 4, 2009, Andrew's soul left his earthly body for his heavenly home.
- $2,000 in July 2009 to the family of 11-year old DIPG warrior Caleb Spady, from Hinton, Oklahoma. Caleb passed into heaven on July 21, 2009.
- $2,000 in August 2009 to the family of Derric Williams, a 10-year old boy from Rocky River, Ohio fighting DIPG. Derric passed away on August 4, 2009.
- $1,000 in October 2009 to the family of Jada Harper, a 7-year old girl from Harrison, Arkansas with DIPG.
- $1,000 in November 2009 to the family of Drew Gray, a 13-year old with a Pilocytic Astrocytoma brainstem tumor. Drew made his way to Heaven on December 21, 2009.
- $2,000 in January 2010 to the family of Kaiden Abul-Ela, an 11 month old boy diagnosed with an atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor (ATRT) in November 2009. Kaiden and his family reside in Monroeville, PA.
- $1,000 in January 2010 to the family of Rhyan Macko, a 17-year old young man diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma in October 2009. Rhyan is from Greenville, PA.
- $1,000 in June 2010 to the family of Juliana Silvernail, DIPG, age 7, Virginia Gardens, FL.
- $1,000 in June 2010 to the family of Alexis Agin, DIPG, age 4, Arlington, VA.
- $2,000 in June 2010 to the family of James Neubauer, age 12, Optic glioma, Indian Trail, NC (1st and 2nd grants awarded simultaneously).
- $1,000 in July 2010 to the family of Trenton “Dozer” Beaver, Glioblastoma Multiforme, age 10, Stilwell, OK.
- $1,000 in July 2010 to the family of Nicole Mackintosh, DIPG, age 8, North Attleboro, MA
- $1,000 in July 2010 to the family of Ashani Morris, DIPG, age 5, Oak Park, MI.
- $1,000 in July 2010 to the family of Ashani Morris, (see above info) 2nd grant awarded.
- $1,000 in July 2010 to the family of Bishop Mikaelian, Ganglioglioma (brainstem), age 10, Mt. Juliet, TN.
- $1,000 in July 2010 to a family wishing to remain anonymous.
- $1,000 in August 2010 to the family of Steven Acree, age 3, LaOrange, KY, Medullblastoma.
- $1,000 in August 2010 to the family of Matthew LaRocca, age 11, Spring Hill, TN, Brainstem Ganglioglioma.
- $1,000 in August 2010 to the family of Brian Moore, age 11, Normantown, WV, Paraganglioma.
- $1,000 in August 2010 to the family of Sollie "Kole" Miller, age 6, Florence, SC, DIPG.
A grant of $25,000 was awarded to The Cure Starts Now Cancer Foundation in March 2010 to assist in funding three new research projects being conducted involving pediatric brain tumors. Additional information on the studies is available here (reference March 2010 grants).